General information about Superfund and Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA)
- Superfund (Wikipedia)
- Superfund (US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA))
- Superfund Cleanup Process (EPA)
- Superfund cleanup sites in Washington (EPA Region 10)
- Lower Duwamish Superfund site (EPA Region 10)
- Washington State MTCA (Washington State Department of Ecology)
- Lower Duwamish Waterway (Washington State Department of Ecology)
- Overview of Lower Duwamish Waterway Toxics Cleanup Program (Washington State Department of Ecology)
- Focus Sheet: Model Toxic Control Act Cleanup Regulation: Process for Cleanup of Hazardous Waste Sites (Washington State Department of Ecology)
Documents & ReportsÂ
FACT SHEETS/ FOCUS SHEETS
- 2012 SUPERFUND FOCUS SHEET (DRCC/TAG)
- 2007 SUPERFUND FOCUS SHEET (DRCC/TAG)
- 2006 SUPERFUND FOCUS SHEET (DRCC/TAG)
- 2004 SUPERFUND FOCUS SHEET (DRCC/TAG)
- EARLY ACTION SITE LIST & FACT SHEET (EPA)
- 2010 Duwamish River Superfund Fact Sheet (EPA)
- BACKGROUND FACT SHEET (DRCC/TAG)
PHASE 2: RIVERWIDE CLEANUP PLAN – Draft River Cleanup Alternatives (Feasibility Study)
- Read the February 25, 2011 comment letter from EPA and Ecology to the Responsible Parties (Port of Seattle, King County, City of Seattle, and the Boeing Company), noting the revisions requested by EPA/Ecology and the stakeholders (DRCC, NOAA, Muckleshoot and Suquamish Tribes). Your comments were part of this process!
- Read DRCC/TAGâ€™s Comment Letter to EPA (January 14, 2011)
- DRCC/TAG created an ASSESSMENT of the cleanup alternatives, with an environmental justice review and fact sheet for the public.
- DRCC/TAG UPDATED ASSESSMENT of the cleanup alternatives (December 2010)
- DRCC/TAG Alternativas de limpieza: Hoja de datos y evaluaciĂłn (December 2010)
- Click here to visit the EPAâ€™s web site for an overview of the whole Feasibility Study process and how this will lead to the eventual cleanup design plan. View or download the EPA Fact Sheet about the Draft Cleanup Alternatives (Feasibility Study). If youâ€™d like to peruse the entire cleanup plan, we suggest you start with the Executive Summary!
Other key documents and DRCC/TAGâ€™s comments are listed below:
- Draft Remedial Investigation, with revised Ecological and Human Health Risk Assessments (Appendices A & B)
WASHINGTON STATE MODEL TOXICS CONTROL ACT (MTCA)
- Recent Agreed Orders at Duwamish Sites:
DUWAMISH RIVER SOURCE CONTROL
PUBLIC HEALTH ASSESSMENT
- Document not available online
HARBOR ISLAND (NOT PART OF LOWER DUWAMISH SUPERFUND SITE)
- Harbor Island had a five-year review in 2010. Five-year reviews provide an opportunity to evaluate the implementation and performance of a cleanup remedy to determine whether it remains protective of human health and the environment. The five-year review for Harbor Island was released September 30, 2010. To read the review click here.
- PHASE 1 (EARLY ACTION) REMEDIAL INVESTIGATION & RISK ASSESSMENTS
- Final Phase 1 Remedial Investigation Report (July 3, 2003)
- Maps and Appendices (including Ecological & Human Health Risk Assessments) (scroll down to â€śTask 6/RI Appendicesâ€ť)
- PHASE 2 (FINAL) REMEDIAL INVESTIGATION & RISK ASSESSMENTS
- A complete list of all technical documents is available here.