This is history in the making:
- For the first time, EPA conducted an Environmental Justice Analysis of a proposed Cleanup PlanÂ for a Superfund site
- For the first time, EPA hosted a formal public hearing in Spanish, with simultaneous English interpretation
- For the first time, people testified at an EPA public meeting in four languages: English, Spanish, Vietnamese and Lushootseed
- For the first time, EPA is accepting comments in a variety of new formats: online, emails, photographs, video, digital stories, Facebook, etc.
All of this is thanks to you and your support! Â Now itâ€™s time to make the last push to demand a cleanup plan that truly benefits and is accepted by the community and protects fish, wildlife and human health â€“ Â A River For All: you, residents, tribal and subsistence fishermen, recreational users, businesses, industries and workers in the Duwamish Valley.
Please join us at one of these upcoming events:
- The Duwamish River in 3-D.Â Thursday, May 23rd, 6:00 p.m.:Â Sandbox Sports â€“ 5955 Airport Way S, Seattle (Georgetown). Â Come see a large-scale 3â€“D model of Seattleâ€™s only river (built in sand!) and learn about EPAâ€™s proposed cleanup plan and our recommendations for how to improve it.Â Bring your flip flops, shorts, sunglasses and the whole family. Child care, Hawai’ian dinner, and a limited number of free tickets to the Seattle Aquarium provided (first come, first served!). Co-hosted by United Artists of Georgetown, Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center, Sandbox Sports and DRCC/TAG.
- EPA Public Hearings at Town Hall, Â Wednesday, May 29th, 2:00 and 6:00 p.m.:Â Town Hall â€“ 1119 8thÂ Ave., Seattle (Downtown). EPA presents its Proposed Plan for cleanup, DRCC/TAG’s Technical Advisor explains our recommendations for improvement, and YOU testify to protect Seattle’s only river! Spanish interpretation provided. Join DRCC/TAG, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance, St. Marks Cathedral, & friends outside of Town Hall at 5:00 p.m. for speakers, music, pizza and to rally for A River For All!
YOU and your comments can restore Seattle’s only river, and guarantee that the Duwamish will be A River For All. Â Letâ€™s make it happen!
See ourÂ Fact Sheet & Recommendations!