On February 28, 2013, EPA released the Proposed Plan for the cleanup of the Duwamish River. Over the next 105 days, DRCC/TAG, in partnership with EPA and the community, held five (5) public hearings and 16 unconventional public meetings; presented 25 times in the community; and held five (5) other events. And the results were staggering:
- 1300 attended public hearings, public meetings, and more.
- Over 2300 comments in 10 different languages were collected and submitted!
Taking into account these comments, EPA issued its Final Cleanup PlanÂ in December 2014.
Â Â Â Â Â Â
- See our Community Fact Sheet & Technical Assessment on the Proposed Plan.
- Read our Cleanup Recommendations and FAQs.
- View a visual summary of the 2300+ public comments submitted to the EPA.
- Explore the entire trove of comments.
(Note: The Safari browser has known issues and is not recommended. If you see a screen asking for registration, just click on â€˜Guestâ€™ to get through).
- Learn about the petition signed by 43,000 people across the country.
- Read comment letters from:
- Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition/Technical Advisory Group (thatâ€™s us!)
- Larry Phillips, King County Council & Sally Bagshaw, Seattle City Council: King County Regional Water Quality Committee
- Environmental community joint letter: w/Center for Environmental Law & Policy, Citizens for a Healthy Bay, Deschutes Estuary Restoration Team, Futurewise, Olympic Environmental Council, Orca Network, RE Sources for Sustainable Communities, Sierra Club of Washington State, Surfrider Foundation, Waste Action project, and others
- Central Area Neighborhoods District Council, w/12 member endorsements
- Delridge Neighborhoods Development Association
- Environmental Professionals of Colorâ€“Seattle Chapter
- Georgetown Community Council
- Georgetown Arts and Cultural Center
- Max Vekich, Puget Sound Representative, International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU)
- Peter Steinbrueck, Steinbrueck Urban Strategies/Candidate for Mayor
- Puget Soundkeeper Alliance
- SeaMar Community Health Clinics/Community HealthCorps
- South Park Information and Resource Center
- South Park Neighborhood Association
- Washington Environmental Council/People for Puget Sound
- Washington State Nurses Association & Physicians for Social Responsibility