2013 Duwamish River Festival and Lucha Libre In The Park
Last year’s River festival and Lucha Libre In The Park brought great entertainment, river tours, raffle prizes, luchadores, and important cleanup information to the Duwamish River Valley.Â Just a few highlights from the sunny, summer festival:
- Over 2,000 people attended the festival and Lucha Libre In The Park and learned, shared stories and celebrated the ongoing cleanup of the Duwamish River and the valleyâ€™s diverse communities!
- Representative Zack Hudgins attended the event, handed out raffle prizes, and talked about the need for a thorough cleanup of the Duwamish River to protect our health and our children.Â Letâ€™s make it happen, Rep. Hudgins!
- More than 1,000 delicious burritos and hot dogs were devoured by festival attendees.
- Musicians and dancers representing the diverse and rich cultures of the Duwamish Valley performed for happy crowds.
- Over 35 community groups, businesses, non-profits, clubs, tribes and local, regional and federal agencies had interactive and educational booths about the river cleanup and community health.
See the pictures of the event here Â (thanks, Reynaldo MartÃnez, forÂ being our amazing photographer for the event!)
Don’t forget to like ourÂ Facebook fan page
Special thanks to the people that made this yearâ€™s festival and Lucha Libre In The Park a reality:
Thank you to our 2013 sponsors:
Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition/TAG, Environmental Coalition of South Seattle, Port of Seattle, Seattle Public Utilities, The Boeing Company, Environmental Protection Agency, South Park Arts, City of Seattle Office of Arts and Culture, King County Wastewater Treatment Division, Puget Soundkeeper Alliance, Washington State Department of Ecology, Alki Kayak Tours & Adventures Center, Anchor QEA LLC, EnviroIssues, Sea Mar Community Health Centers, The South Park News & West Seattle Blog, Center for Ecogenetics & Environmental Health, CleanScapes Inc., Eco-Logica Magazine, Seattle Aquarium, Washington State Department of Health, Fonte Coffee, Forterra, Noise w/o Sound, Public Health â€“ Seattle & King County, Puget Sound Sage, South Seattle Community College, The Garden Hotline, Urban Press, Washington Environmental Council, Washington State Department of Veterans Affairs, World Dance Party and Worker Center.
Alberto J. RodrÃguez (DRCC/TAG),Â Angie Hong (DRCC/TAG), Bill Pease (ECOSS), Elizabeth Loudon (ECOSS),Â Hollis Riggins (South Park), Kris Larson (ATSDR), Laura West (DRCC/TAG),Â Marilyn Hair (Center for Ecogenetics and Environmental Health – UW), Molly Mastel (ATSDR), Paulina LÃ³pez (DRCC/TAG),Â Â Randy Wiger (Seattle Parks and Recreation), Robert Sullinger Jr. (Boeing) and Wafa Tafesh (DRCC/TAG).
Too many to name each and every single one of you… but you know who you are. Â Your help is what made of this event a successful one!
If you have any feedback about the event (what went well and/or what can we improve for next year’s festival) please contact Alberto at (206) 453-9803 or emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Â Duwamish River Festival 2012
Last year hundreds of people, young and old, came out to celebrate the cleanup and restoration of the Duwamish River. Â Â View photos.