The Duwamish Valley Healthy Communities Initiative began as a trio of projects to improve community health through the river cleanup and related environmental health improvements. Duwamish Valley residents have higher rates of disease such as lung cancer, more acute asthma attacks, and shorter life expectancies than elsewhere in the county. Understanding and addressing the causes of these inequities is key to improving the community’s health.
- Community Action for a Renewed Environment (CARE)
- The Duwamish Valley Cumulative Health Impacts Analysis (CHIA)
- The Duwamish Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- Healthy River/Healthy Communities
- Community Action for Clean Air